Friday, April 15, 2011

Awesome Blossom

So I've been buying lots of long-sleeve shirts on clearance and making them fabulous. This has giving me an over abundance of left-over sleeves. I was messing around w/ a sleeve and came up with this:

I love it and it was so easy.

 1. Cut a piece of sleeve about 2 inches wide. You can't tell from the pic, but this is actually the bottom of the sleeve where it is stitched.  If you don't have a sleeve, I tried the same technique w/ a folded over piece of knit and it worked the same.
 2. Cut almost to the stitched line all the way down.
3. Start rolling.  Hot glue a felt circle on to secure.  Add a pin or hair clip if you want or sew it right on a t-shirt.  You're done.  I don't even think it took more than 3 minutes and it's so cute.  You can experiment with different lengths of sleeves for different looks.

You can even turn it upside down and make a carnation.
I pinned mine on this sweater.  (By the way, I stole the necklace out of the dress-up box).

Linking up HERE.
Click HERE for other fashion fun.

Visit thecsiproject.com

9 comments:

  1. You are fabulous! What a great blog! I'm a new blogger so am just now joining. Thanks for all you do! Would love if you stopped by my blog to say hi and gave me your thoughts.

    http://insideheathershome.blogspot.com/2011/04/spicy-chicken-with-cayenne-avocado-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I have several long sleeved shirts I bought on clearance at Target! Can't wait to do something fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow really its very beautiful Blossom . amazing your idea and pretty look . fantastic this post i like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking sweater..love the blossom. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, and love the sweater too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    Popping over from Debbie's...

    Lisa
    http://chicmagnifique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now that is just so very cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a delightful blog! Soooo happy to have found you. I'm here from Debbie's Newbie party to welcome you and I'm your newest follower. Pop over for a visit sometime and have a blessed Easter.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was totally going to buy those clearance shirts anyway, you've just given me an excuse! Thank you!

    I just wrote about you on my blog, and awarded you The Versatile Blogger award.

    http://ellejs.blogspot.com/2011/04/id-like-to-thank-academy.html

    ReplyDelete