Thursday, April 28, 2011

My favorite Shirt Re-do So-far

I'm melting as I type this.  Our A/C is broken and I live in Texas.  I waiting to hear if the Home Warranty is going to pay for a new one or not (has anyone ever had one that did?) and it's making me a little crabby.   I know there are so many people all over the world who lost a lot more than just their A/C's so I'll stop whining. I had the priviledge of calling Alabama home for 4 years and I am heartbroken by all the devastation.  I'm keeping the south in my prayers. Roll-tide.

You many have noticed that I have ads on the blog. I finally clicked on the "monetize" button on the dashboard.  I now have ads on my blog and I'm making about .25/ day.  Woohoo!  So even if the Home Warranty doesn't pay up, I should be fine.

On to the crafts: My daughter's friend is having a b-day and so I thought it would be fun to make her a shirt.  It turned out so cute, my daughter wants to keep it.  It was pretty quick, so I promised I'd make her one too.
I started w/ a gray v-neck t-shirt.  I had some light pink knit leftover from another project, which I used to make 3 flowers. I'm a little in love w/ knit flowers these days.
Flower #1:
Many of you probably already know how to do this.  If not, cut at least four squares out of the knit.
Fold each square into 4

Cut the unfolded edge so it looks like an ice-cream cone.



Sew each folded petal at the corners and sew a bead in the middle.
For flower #2, follow the same steps as in #1, but instead of laying it flat, sew all the points together and then secure to shirt.
Flower #3 -is my upside-down awesome blossom (tutorial found here)


I still had some leftover knit, so I thought I would make her something cute for here hair. I started by making 2 awesome blossoms. I glued felt on the back and glued it to a headband.  I thought it needed something else.



I took a couple of very thin strips of knit and folded them in half.

Then I simply rolled them up and hot-glued them between the 2 awesome blossoms. I made a total of 3.
Tadaa!

Linking up here:

UPDATE:  I just heard that I will again have AC Tuesday night-Wednesday at the latest!  Really I only have to survive the weekend and then it's supposed to get cooler.  I call my sewing room a "sweat shop"-I guess for the next few days it really will be.
Visit thecsiproject.com

10 comments:

  1. Very sweet. :) And a cute idea to spice up a plain shirt.

    Tnx for linking up at Who Made What? Weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy and cute, love it! I hope your ac is back on I live in AZ and I know the feeling...yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BARF. Hoping that whatever part of Texas you are in has semi-nice weather. It's not too humid in Houston right now, so I am wishing that for you. And praying. And crossing my fingers.

    I NEED MY AC!

    I found you on Design it Chic and am following now. Your blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in the fabulous city of San Antonio-and we're in the 90's, but at least the nights are cooling off so it's not to bad. Thanks for the wishes and prayers. Seriously my house may be hot, but it's still standing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower
    Love your blog

    Stop by any time
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisanThatBoutique
    http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love this!! I wish I was creative enough to get into all these shirt refashions. Thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this one! The pink and gray combo is fantastic and what a perfect gift! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday this week~
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning. Found you on Who Mad What and am following you. So much to see here...I'm having fun!

    I love pink and gray together and this is no exception. Any girl would love this. A practical yet personal gift. I may have to make one for myself!

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Sounds like a great project for my daughter's shirts!

    Thanks for linking up to Crafts for Under Twenty Somethings Thursday!


    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete