Saturday, December 31, 2011

Birthday Chart




I've been neglecting the blog to hang out with my family over the past few weeks.  I'm going to spend the day digging us out of the pile of junk that's accumulated over the break and putting away Christmas.  First, I wanted to share a project with you.

I saw these really cute birthday boards at Lolly Jane Boutique  and thought they would be fun gifts for our moms for Christmas.  I'm thrilled how they turned out-my husband declared them the coolest thing I made so far.

This one was for my mom.  I found the board and all the wooden people at Hobby Lobby.  I stained the wood and then painted it white and finally roughed up the edges a bit.  Then I cut out all the letters w/ my Cricut out of brown vinyl.

Here's the one I made for my other mother (MIL).  She's not a fan of the distressed look, so I painted a board black.  I cut the letters out of scrapbook paper and used Modge Podge to attach them. I printed the names and dates on yellow paper and modge podged them to little wooden disks.
Both moms were thrilled with their present.
Pin It
I'm linking up here.

Visit thecsiproject.com

9 comments:

  1. How did you attach the discs and the little wooden people?
    I really like this idea thanks for sharing it so I can copy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the discs, I drilled holes in the sign and then knotted a ribbon through it. Then I jus glued the discs to the ribbon. For the other one, I used little tiny hooks. I tied the ribbons to the hooks and glued the people on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I always seem to forget about birthdays.

    I'd love for you to link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/12/pinteresting-link-party-week-twenty.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute, I think that I should make one for myself, cause I have a hard time keeping track of my 9 brothers and sisters, and their kids, and their kids. Such a cute idea. Oh BTY, never feel bad about taking time for yourself or family. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you @ GFC and FB via Freestyle Friday.

    http://www.sjb-myphotopage.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER cute!

    Thanks SO much for linking up your awesome posts @ Feature Friday Free-for-All!

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! You know you have a winner when the husband thinks it is cool:) What a great idea for the Grandmothers. I know my mom could use one. Thank you so much for linking up to our party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I am posting this as a feature from my Pinterest party next week. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to let you know that I featured your project today. Stop by and grab a button if you would like.

    http://kadie-sevenalive.blogspot.com/2012/01/link-it-up-thursday-2.html

    ReplyDelete